The Storage Brand Sales will provide subject matter expertise on the IBM Storage Software/Hardware solutions portfolio to a broad spectrum of clients and partner. This role will be responsible for proactively reaching out to clients and their partners to understand the data protection needs of their clients, providing solution approaches to meet those needs, and teaming with the local technical sellers to gain customer concurrence for sponsorship of a solution purchase. During this sales cycle you will be responsible for delivering presentations, negotiating deals, and providing high level TCO/ROI engagements. You will also provide leadership by working the extended IBM Systems team and partnering with other sales leaders on key account strategies and competitive positioning, teaming with field enablement teams and the technical community as a whole.
The solutions that you would be positioning and supporting are in the IBM Systems Storage solutions portfolio.
Candidates should have demonstrated confidence in positioning storage infrastructure solutions including but not limited to storage area networks, disk subsystems, various tape technologies and software related technologies such as data replication, archiving, deduplication and storage virtualization.
Key Activities And Responsibilities Include
- Articulating the business value of IBM systems solutions and products to senior managers and technical decision makers.
- Positioning our solutions in competitive scenarios.
- Identifying, developing and closing opportunities in the territory, whether sourced by IBM sellers or resulting from a direct customer engagement.
- Working within a matrix environment with IBM client teams and business partners to span the entire trajectory from opportunity identification to deal closing.
- Building, managing and progressing a pipeline to achieve sales objectives.
- Maintaining an accurate forecast and an up-to-date status of deals in progress.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Must have 10+ more years of Storage sales experience and show a solid track record of quota attainment.
- Must have a track record of new account acquisition, as well as management of existing accounts.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to network across a broad team.
- Must be comfortable in both a technical dialogue (understanding the customer’s IT infrastructure and technical objectives) as well as a business dialogue (explaining the TCO reductions or ROI benefits of our solutions).
- Familiarity with Spectrum Software Portfolio environments is a strong plus (Protect, VSC, SVC, RTC, TPC).
- Must have strong familiarity with one or more vertical markets.
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise